Analytical Support Scientist - (6 month Contract – potential for extension)
Location Commutable from: Swindon, Cirencester, Chippenham, Newbury, Witney
Salary: £12 – £15.50 per hour
6 Month Contract – potential for extension
Temp to perm – high potential
Paying: £12.00 - £15.50 per hour
To assist in the development and validation of analytical methods to support cleaning validation testing for new products. To conduct cleaning validation swab testing and analysis in accordance with approved methods and protocols
To ensure all tasks are conducted in accordance with defined Risk & COSHH assessments and that they are carried out with regard to the safety of others.
To comply with all site GMP requirements.
Taking personal responsibility to ensure adequately trained to execute assigned tasks.
Ensuring with guidance from line management, that all data is checked for accuracy, approved and reported in a timely manner in accordance with company procedures.
Ability to follow detailed work instructions, including analytical methods and SOP’s.
Have a working knowledge of Agilent HPLC systems for general use and after use care of the instrument.
To assist in the development of HPLC analytical methods in the support of cleaning validation.
To assist in the writing of validation protocols and summary reports in support of method validation.
To manage day to day tasks with minimal supervision.
To clearly communicate regularly work status as required by line management.
To assist the Analytical Support team in other duties as required.
Ensure data is archived according to defined procedures.
Performing any other reasonable duties as requested by Line Management.
- Minimum A levels but ideally a Degree in an appropriate scientific subject.
- Good understanding of the operation of HPLCs and analytical balances.
- Ability to conduct basic analytical testing including reagent and reference standard preparation.
- Proven ability to development HPLC based analytical methods.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in a laboratory to GMP standards.
- Proven knowledge & experience for the development of analytical methods on HPLC.
- Must be experienced analyst – 2 Years minimum experience
- Must have HPLC experience and GLP working knowledge
- Must have Lab experience, with scientific background (e.g. pharmaceutical, drug-development, chemistry, biochemical, or relevant disciplines, however biology background will not be considered.)
- Good communicator, high attention to detail and has a good output rate whilst maintaining a right first-time approach
- Computer literacy, including Microsoft Office Suite skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
There is a potential for this role to convert to a permanent position.