Head of Engineering
Head of Engineering
Salary: £60,000-£65,000 per annum + holiday, pension and healthcare
Location commutable from:
Cirencester, Worcester, Hereford, Leamington Spa, Evesham, Redditch, Chipping Norton
As the Head of Engineering you will have a proven track record in implementation of PPM systems, creating engineering department infrastructure, change management and leadership.
Experience of delivering on a strategic level to include: budgeting, capital projects, legislative compliance, and team development will be an asset to this role.
This is an extremely changeable environment and requires a candidate who can relate to the pressures of running a factory in a chilled/ambient environment. It will require a Head of Engineering who enjoys operating at an important level and will enjoy the task of overhauling an engineering department.
• The responsibilities of the Head of Engineering will include the management of a direct team of 4 Engineering Shift Leaders with up to 16 indirect Maintenance Engineers.
• You will ensure the development of the Engineering team by managing the skill matrix, booking training and supporting the department to deliver a more effective engineering function.
• You will also have a proven track record in implementing a PPM system which will include conducting full surveys on equipment and compliment the changes that will be made within the department.
• Acting as a strong liaison and building relationships across the functions e.g. Production and Hygiene
• Accountable for the set budget for the department overseeing spend on labour, spares, consumables and energy
• To ensure all maintenance activities are compliant with all safety, quality, cost, and productivity targets. Lead RCM reviews to drive and sustain an optimum maintenance regime Facilitate the identification and resolution of plant reliability issues, utilising appropriate resources, tools and techniques
As the Head of Engineering, you will be part of and extremely successful fresh produce manufacturer and have the opportunity to join a dynamic operational team.