Planning Manager - Production
Planning Manager – Production
Salary: Circa £46,000 depending on relevant experience
Location commutable from:
Milton Keynes, Aylesbury , Leighton buzzard, Dunstable, Hemel Hempstead, Berkhampsted , Watford, Amersham, Oxford
The successful Planning Manager will ideally be from a fast paced and challenging manufacturing/production environment and have at least five years’ experience in planning, procurement. You should understand the importance of working with the rest of the business to formulate a plan that is understood and achievable, as well as know the consequences of not delivering the customers required volumes on time. You should have a proven track record in managing planning and admin teams, have experience in training and cross skilling as well as having an on going focus of simplifying the way in which my client works, whilst maintaining a consistent level of standard. My client is looking for a creative individual who inspires a positive working atmosphere for their colleagues and has a rational and methodical thought process for decision making. Exceptional leadership and communication skills are key to this role. Knowledge of SAP is also essential for this role.
As the Planning Manager you will be responsible for the day the day to day running of the planning and admin team, liaising closely with the aftermarket and operations teams to establish short to medium and long term supply programs based on the sales forecasts/production and you will be reporting directly into the Head of Planning. Your job role will include, but is not limited to;
- Heading all departmental meetings
- 4 direct reports
- Oversee all production plans and ensures the collation of site wide data at the lower level of detailed demand plans
- Take control of, and coordinate end of month stock takes and ensure they are finalized on time
- Ensure collaborative communication with both the customer services team and factory operations
- Implement a team cross-skilling training program
- Continually improve the admin simplification program
- Develop and maintain management reports
- Co-ordinate short – medium term capacity planning (0 – 12 month horizon) across all OE modules. Ensure
- customer service level and stock availability are optimised
- Responsible for projected inventory and actions to meet or beat budgeted inventory targets.
- Partner with demand manager to understand how short and long term changes affect, Workload, stock availability and inventory.
- Manage SAP master data for all manufacturing data through the planning team (planning parameters).
- Review, make and drive improvement activities to enhance SAP usage and reporting. Ensure production orders are released on schedule and manage the manufacturing team to ensure timely closure of orders.
- Manage the implementation for Engineering change requests
You will ensure the delivery of the Company’s vision and standards to all members of the team and ensure that the individuals are aware of how they relate to this vision.
In return you will be part of a successful business that is growing rapidly. They are a market leader in their product and offer the support and opportunity for you to drive your career to the next level.