Working hours / shift pattern
Days & nights required to meet business needs
5 days a week – Rotation To Be Confirmed
Salary: £25,000-£28,000 per annum
Commutable from: Leicester, Melton Mowbray, Burton-Upon-Trent, Derby, Nottingham, Loughborough
The successful Production Supervisor will be happy working within a food manufacturing environment and will ideally be from a food, packaging or fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) environment themselves.
You should have supervisory experience and be able to liaise with different departments to keep production running smoothly. You will also be a strong problem solver and be able to deal with situations that are challenging with strict time constraints.
The Production Supervisor reports into the Operations Manager and is responsible for:
• People management – organizing and managing up to 20 staff per shift ensuring all individuals are properly trained and motivated
• Production lines – ensuring that each line delivers on time by efficient set up and SOP, and complying to all Health and Safety, Quality and GMP compliance
• Collaboration – liaising with Engineering and Hygiene teams to deliver and manage continuous improvement projects
• Managing KPI’s – meeting and surpassing set targets such as schedule adherence, quality, safety and material efficiency
• Administration – creating end of shift summaries, maintain and update staff training records
Successful Production Supervisors must have:
• Effective communication skills – both verbal and written
• Have good numeracy and problem-solving skills
• Be PC literate and have proficient use of Microsoft packages e.g. Excel, Word and PowerPoint
In return the successful applicant will be part of a successful food manufacturing business that is growing rapidly.