|General Manager – Ports/Terminals
1 years to 3 years contract
Salary U$75 to U$80K + benefits
As a General Manager – Ports/Terminals, you will need experience in Ports of Freight terminal environment. You will have a proven track record of developing strong strategies for the growth of the site, market development and ensure that all opportunities are exploited to ensure the profitability of the site.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
· Experience of ports/terminal management systems, especially in bulk and breakbulk terminals
· Formal qualifications in training and practice of good Health and Safety standards.
· Proven track record of driving change through their teams
· Profit and Loss Experience, with an ability to prepare an annual budget and ensure financial controls are in place at all times
· Be proactive with regular updates and reports to Head Office
· Coordinate closely with clients and users of the Terminal, fulfilling and exceeding targets
· An ability to think strategically and laterally while actively pursuing development opportunities and applying management knowledge in practical terms.
· An ability to manage people effectively and have a good understanding of cultural sensitivity
· Strong communication skills at all levels and across all disciplines
· A strong customer focus and good customer relationship management skills
· Must be computer literate and have a good command of the English language, spoken and written.
· Strategically ensure effective management of the terminal/Port in line with responsibilities as set out in the agreement with the ports authorities in accordance with company objectives.
· Set a standard of behaviour for safety through example ensuring full compliance with Health and Safety measures.
· Carry out risk assessments audits and apply appropriate controls and training while maintaining a good line of communication with the team members to limit risks
· Have proven ability in the turnaround and growth of a terminal in a senior management capacity.
The General Manger – Ports/Terminals will display strong adherence to the company core values whilst driving and supporting existing processes, product-introductions, allocations and innovations.
What’s on Offer
In return you will be part of an extremely successful organization The company are committed to developing their people in the areas where they excel with succession planning in place which will support the growth of the business. It is a company with a wonderful culture.
Tagged as: JO0000000367