|Health and safety advisor
£27000 per annum
Monday to Friday days
· Leighton Buzzard, Aylesbury, Heath and Reach, Dunstable, Luton, Milton Keynes, Bletchley, Flitwick, Hitchin
As the Health and safety advisor you will have a proven track record of working within manufacturing preferably food although this is not essential. You must be an excellent communicator who is able to empower the work force and management teams to create a good health and safety culture within the business. You will be heavily supported by the health and safety manager on site and work closely with the group health and safety team to ensure all standards are being adhered to.
The Health & Safety Advisor will be responsible for supporting the Health and safety manager to ensure the company and its Contractors complies with the latest Health & Safety legislation and company policies.
You will be responsible for regular vetting of all Contractors to ensure that they are fully compliant with the company’s H&S Policy and Contractors Guidelines. Completion of specific Risk Assessments and Safe Working Procedures and support the business with advice and guidance as required.
You will be responsible for managing the companies polices on Accident reporting including accident information, accident investigation and remedial actions.
• Maintaining documentation relating to Health and Safety, including compiling reports and audits with information supplied by the
Health and Safety Manager.
• Maintain and implement all policies within the Health & Safety Policy e.g., VDU/DSE Assessments, PUWER • Liaise with the external health and safety Advisors when assistance is required to ensure that we are up to date with any changes to Health & Safety legislation.
• Ensure that a H&S induction is carried out with all new starters.
• Maintain training records and inform Directors, Managers, and individuals when refresher training is due.
• Ensure that an ongoing programme of Tool-Box Talks are implemented and maintained.
• Ensure that all employees adhere to the latest Company Car Policies e.g., checking of driving licenses, eye tests etc,
• Act as Fire Warden, ensuring that all procedures are correctly followed e.g., Fire Risk Assessments, Regular Evacuation Drills, checking fire extinguishers. Manage the cohort of First Aiders, ensuring their certification is in date and organising refresher training where necessary.
• Respond to Client requests to access our Health & Safety capabilities and working practices. • Maintain the company’s accreditation with recognised Health & Safety bodies e.g., Altius, CHAS and safe contractor.
• Manage the stock and issuing of Company branded apparel and appropriate PPE to all staff and contractors. Manage ID Cards for all contractors.
The successful candidate will have/be:
• Extensive administrative experience
• A working and demonstrable knowledge of Health & Safety regulations and how to interpret into the workplace and construction projects.
• Knowledge of the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and the ability to implement legal compliance.
• Impact and influencing skills with key players on the importance of compliance and governance.
• Proven experience of working and communicating with a remote team.
• Investigative experience into incidents/accidents
• Proven experience at accurate record keeping.
• Knowledge of report writing, RAMs, Airside compliance
• Ability to work alone and on own initiative.
• Strong organisational and self-motivational skills
• Problem management skills
• A degree of flexibility to travel to sites. •
IT literate, including MS Office package Additional Job Specification:
• First Aid Qualification (Desirable)
• NEBOSH qualification (Essential)
• IOSH Qualification (Desirable)
Tagged as: JO0000000356