6-12 Month Contract – potential for extension
PAYE Rate :£20.00 to £27.00per hr. depending on experience This is an Inside IR35 role
As the Lead Scientist, you will have proven track record of leading and mentoring teams and ensure that the department runs smoothly reporting in to the Head of the department . You will have previous experience working within a laboratory and have knowledge of Current Good Lab Practice “GLP”. The successful Lead Scientist will ideally come from a pharmaceutical/chemistry field.
To ensure that all Client projects and internal research projects are conducted in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures, meet Client specifications and are delivered on time and within budget.
To provide coaching and mentoring to the junior members of the team
Type of person:
We’re wanting to hear from Lead Scientists who:
· Ensure that all work is conducted in responsible and safe manner in accordance with the companies Health and Safety policies and ensure that all Health and Safety considerations are appropriately documented.
· Conduct and document work to cGMP ensuring that projects are conducted in accordance with company procedures and the agreed timelines
· To document all project work to a high standard. This includes the timely, complete and clear documentation of laboratory work in laboratory notebooks and the timely completion of all necessary project administration.
· To perform all laboratory work to a high degree of scientific rigour such that it will stand up to external scientific, legal or regulatory scrutiny.
· To manage the day to day activities of a team and perform performance management of assigned staff.
· Support the Management team by assisting the delivery of the internal research program.
· To provide leadership and training to the junior members of the team
· Support Group Heads and the Business Development Team in assembling quotations for Clients within the agreed timeframe.
· To ensure that projects are scheduled accordingly to deliver to expected timeframes
· To maintain knowledge and awareness of the latest developments and best practice in own area of expertise and seek to apply within the company
· To communicate with clients in an effective, proactive and appropriate manner
Constantly strive to develop and support a culture of Continuous Improvement to improve operations, streamline work processes, decrease turnaround times and improve quality
· Typically, a minimum of a BSc and at least five years + experience in a relevant technical area, or a relevant PhD with at least one – three years industrial experience and a good understanding of appropriate characterisation techniques and/or formulation/manufacturing processes, or equivalent.
· Strong scientific expertise in at least one relevant technical area.
This is a wonderful opportunity for someone to build upon their laboratory experience in the pharmaceutical industry.