|Quality Control Supervisor Pharmaceutical
6 month contract
This role is responsible for the day to day management of the QC laboratory staff developing a culture of success through Coaching, Mentoring and strong personal Leadership.
• Provide training and supervision to QC staff on the performance of analytical testing in an accurate, timely and efficient manner, consistent with cGMP requirements. Testing may include, but is not limited to, routine particle size analysis (Malvern Mastersizers, Sympatec), cleaning verification (HPLC), identification testing (FTIR and Raman), method development and validation (including particle size and cleanability assessments), DSC, Light microscopy, SEM, Moisture content (Karl Fisher), method optimisation and trouble-shooting, technology transfer and pharmacopoeia analyses as appropriate
• Overseeing scheduling of all analytical functions and effectively communicate work responsibilities and timelines.
• In depth technical knowledge of all equipment and methods used on site
• To ensure timely testing of in process controls and composite samples to avoid any delays in production
• Coordinate equipment maintenance or repairs with contract suppliers
• Excel in the use of statistical analysis by identifying the most appropriate statistical tools to support ongoing investigation or activities (e.g. method assessment)
• Review, approval and reporting of generated data for QC Release as required by the role. • Ensure that all equipment are validated, qualified, maintained and labelled appropriately
• Coordinate equipment maintenance or repairs with contract suppliers • Write, review and execute method development and validation protocol and report for PSA, DSC and HPLC methods
• Have a deep understanding of HPLC/ PSA/ DSC equipment and methods
• Lead continuous improvement initiatives and projects. • Responsible for annual performance review, feedback, mentoring and coaching analysts.