Quality Manager – Food Industry
Location Commutable from
Milton Keynes, Dunstable, Buckingham, Bedford, Northampton
Continental shift pattern days
The Successful Quality Mangar will have a proven track record of dealing with customers / auditors
Experience in factory technical & quality management systems, BRC technical requirements, Customer code of practice, HACCP, auditing etc . As the quality manager you will have a proven track record of delivering strong leadership
Strong negotiation & influencing skills, and the ability to drive actions throughout the factory within all departments, This is the lead quality role on site and part of the leadership team.
As the Quality Manager you will reporting into the Group Quality Manager the role is to lead and motivate the QA team in monitoring and evaluating product and processing systems and factory practices to ensure agreed standards of quality are achieved and improved upon and in addition to take a lead in generating and building a quality culture.
The main purpose of the role is to support the Group Quality Manager and business in ensuring full
compliance with all quality, food, safety, GMP, Environment, customer and legislative standards
and policies and external certification.
Working as part of the site leadership team a partnership approach is required and the focus is on
coaching, training and developing your stakeholders to ensure on-going and robust compliance.
In addition, to lead microbiology related investigations and improvements to ensure industry best
To ensure the safety of the quality team by maintaining and improving safety processes within the
team and support wider site safety initiatives to support the wider company safety objectives.
● To set site standards in conjunction with the Group Quality Manager and key business
stakeholders and ensure compliance with Quality, Food Safety, GMP, Environmental, Customer &
legislative requirements across the group
● To lead and conduct microbiology related, investigations and troubleshooting for the business in
conjunction with the site and R&D teams.
● To troubleshoot, investigate and identify the root cause of Quality, microbiological and food safety
incidents and issues. Develop and work with the site to implement appropriate corrective actions.
● To play a proactive role in improving product quality, food safety and site standards through
training, support, development of appropriate process controls, toolbox talks, and proactive
engagement of employees across all areas at site
● To play a proactive role in the upgrade of existing laboratory facilities to ensure they are fit for
purpose and fit for the future within tight budget constraints.
● To ensure all site policies remain up to date and effective at all times in conjunction with key
● To collate and publish Quality Performance Reports and results at appropriate Management and
functional meetings. Contribute and lead where appropriate to drive actions to address any
● To proactively support NPD projects, R&D projects, risk assessments and product launches in
conjunction with the site team and key stakeholders
● To support the Complaint Assessment Team representing site and troubleshooting.
● To lead the site HACCP Team and provide support and advice
● To provide proactive support for induction training programs, integration awareness sessions,
Taste of Barr and equivalent workshops designed to improve product quality and safety
● To Implement and train out all changes to BRC and other required standards ahead of next round
● To lead and drive compliance against External and internal Audit schedule for site
● Complaint Investigation with site teams and Reporting
In return you will be part of and extremely successful organisation within an FMCG industry. The company are committed to developing a strong management team with succession planning in place which will support the growth of the business.
Tagged as: jo0000000347