|Night Shift Manager
Reporting to : Production Manager
Commutable from :
Ealing, Uxbridge, Pinner, Southall, Hounslow, Slough, Staines
Shift Manager- Nights, to co-ordinate the production activities on a shift basis, ensuring that the individual shift teams have the skills and competency to deliver business led volumes against team objectives and targets whilst maintaining HSE standards, Quality and adherence to the overall plan.
Key Responsibilities Include:
· Drive behavioural based safety throughout the plant
· To take a lead role in Incident Investigations, follow up on actions, look for route cause (five whys) analysis
· To be fully conversant in Permit To Work writing and acceptance, which will include General Work Permits, Hot Work Permits, Working at Height Permits.
· To ensure the site operation is compliant on COSHH, Engineering & legislative standards, ISO9001 and ISO14001.
· To be fully trained and responsible for Risk Assessment and overall quality of the shift output.
· Manage regular stock checks to ensure accuracy of both WIP held and MRP requirements on a regular basis and align any discrepancies on the system.
· Assist with the implementation of the annual road map is aligned to customer demand in conjunction with the Production Manager.
· Create and implement best practice in manufacturing, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve operational performance including quality.
· Own the Daily Stand Up Meeting (DSUM) set targets for team are relevant and have targets that ensure problem solving is being driven by the team on a daily basis.
· Management of the team, including HR matters, attendance and holidays. Ensure 6 monthly and 12 monthly appraisals with the team and set SMART objectives for each individuals.
· Allocation & management of budgets
· Drive preventive maintenance programmes
· Instigate continuous improvement initiatives and lead the change including new systems and processes.
· The ideal candidate will have extensive manufacturing experience within a management role and will be able to demonstrate a track record of idea creation and implementing change.
· Able to demonstrate a collaborative and entrepreneurial drive with a keen interest in mentoring and developing the existing and future team.
· Able to drive a significant degree of change in the broader organisation and have the requisite collaboration and influencing skills to partner closely and effectively with key business stakeholders and field operation personnel.
· You must demonstrate strong leadership skills to develop his/ her organisation against a background of rapid development.
· The ability to engage workforce. To demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and have a positive coaching style.
· You are comfortable in challenging poor performance and providing open and honest feedback to develop his / her team.
Qualifications and Skills
· Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent work-based experience.
· Mechanical engineering knowledge is preferred.
· Extensive manufacturing experience with a proven management record.
· Able to demonstrate the development and maintenance of strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure optimal performance.
· Technical understanding.
· Understanding of Lean Manufacturing and understanding of continuous improvement techniques.
· Knowledge of SAP and scheduling systems.
· Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office.
· Knowledge of HSE processes and standards.
Tagged as: JO000000392